For Privacy Statement, please click here.
*Eligibility Criteria/Terms and Conditions: By using the WELLBUTRIN XL coupon, you confirm that you understand and agree to comply with the following terms and conditions of this offer:
- This offer is only valid for patients with commercial insurance.
- This offer is not valid for any person eligible for reimbursement of prescriptions, in whole or in part, by any federal, state, or other governmental programs, including, but not limited to, Medicare (including Medicare Advantage and Part A, B, and D plans), Medicaid, TRICARE, Veterans Administration or Department of Defense health coverage, CHAMPUS, the Puerto Rico Government Health Insurance Plan or any other federal or state health care programs.
- You agree not to seek reimbursement for all or any part of the benefit received through this offer and are responsible for making any required reports of your use of this offer to any insurer or other third party who pays any part of the prescription filled.
- This offer is good only in the United States of America (including the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) at participating retail pharmacies.
- This offer is not available for patients who live in California or Massachusetts and/or who have insurance coverage for prescriptions in either of these states.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to redeem this offer.
- You must present the coupon along with your prescription to participate in this program.
- The coupon is good for use only with the products identified herein. No other purchase is necessary.
- This offer cannot be redeemed at government-subsidized clinics.
- The coupon is good for a maximum of 12 prescription fills.
- You are responsible for paying the first $5 for each eligible prescription fill using the coupon. The coupon has a maximum benefit, and the patient is responsible for all additional costs and expenses after maximum benefit limits are reached.
- The coupon and offer are not health insurance.
- The selling, purchasing, trading, or counterfeiting of the coupon is prohibited by law. Void if reproduced.
- This offer is not valid with other offers. The coupon has no cash value. No cash back.
- Bausch Health reserves the right to rescind, revoke, terminate, or amend this offer at any time, without notice.
- You understand and agree to comply with the terms and conditions of this offer as set forth above.
- This offer and coupon expire on 12/31/22.
- For questions call: 1-855-859-2966.
WELLBUTRIN XL® (bupropion hydrochloride extended-release tablets) is a prescription medicine used to treat adults with a certain type of depression called major depressive disorder, and for the prevention of autumn-winter seasonal depression (seasonal affective disorder).
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
WARNING: CHANGES IN THINKING AND BEHAVIOR, DEPRESSION, AND SUICIDAL THOUGHTS OR ACTIONS
Suicidal Thoughts or Actions and Antidepressant Drugs
Antidepressants may increase the risk of suicidal thoughts or actions in some children, teenagers, or young adults within the first few months of treatment. Depression or other serious mental illnesses are the most important causes of suicidal thoughts and actions. People who have (or have a family history of) bipolar illness or suicidal thoughts or actions may have a particularly high risk. Pay close attention to any changes, especially sudden changes in mood, behaviors, thoughts, or feelings. Call your healthcare provider right away if symptoms such as anxiety, irritability, impulsivity, trouble sleeping, aggressive behavior or suicidal thoughts are new, worse or worry you. WELLBUTRIN XL has not been evaluated for use in patients under the age of 18.
Call your healthcare provider right away if you or your family member has any of the following symptoms, especially if they are new, worse, or worry you:
- thoughts about suicide or dying
- attempts to commit suicide
- new or worse depression
- new or worse anxiety
- feeling very agitated or restless
- panic attacks
- trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- new or worse irritability
- acting aggressive, being angry, or violent
- acting on dangerous impulses
- an extreme increase in activity and talking (mania)
- other unusual changes in behavior or mood
Although WELLBUTRIN XL is not a treatment for quitting smoking, it contains the same active ingredient (bupropion hydrochloride) as ZYBAN, which is used to help patients quit smoking.
Some people have had serious side effects while taking bupropion to help them quit smoking, including:
New or worse mental health problems, such as changes in behavior or thinking, aggression, hostility, agitation, depression, or suicidal thoughts or actions. Some people had these symptoms when they began taking bupropion, and others developed them after several weeks of treatment, or after stopping bupropion. These symptoms happened more often in people who had a history of mental health problems before taking bupropion than in people without a history of mental health problems.
Stop taking WELLBUTRIN XL and call your healthcare provider right away if you, your family, or caregiver notice any of these symptoms. Work with your healthcare provider to decide whether you should continue to take WELLBUTRIN XL. In many people, these symptoms went away after stopping WELLBUTRIN XL, but in some people, symptoms continued after stopping WELLBUTRIN XL. It is important for you to follow-up with your healthcare provider until your symptoms go away.
Before taking WELLBUTRIN XL, tell your healthcare provider if you have ever had depression or other mental health problems. You should also tell your healthcare provider about any symptoms you had during other times you tried to quit smoking, with or without bupropion.
What Other Important Information Should I Know About WELLBUTRIN XL?
- Seizures: There is a chance of having a seizure (convulsion, fit) with WELLBUTRIN XL, especially in people with certain medical problems or who take certain medicines. Do not take any other medicines while you are taking WELLBUTRIN XL unless your healthcare provider has said it is okay to take them. If you have a seizure while taking WELLBUTRIN XL, stop taking the tablets and call your healthcare provider right away.
- High blood pressure (hypertension): Some people get high blood pressure that can be severe while taking WELLBUTRIN XL.
- Manic episodes: Some people may have periods of mania while taking WELLBUTRIN XL. If you have any of the following symptoms of mania, call your healthcare provider:
- greatly increased energy
- severe trouble sleeping
- racing thoughts
- reckless behavior
- unusually grand ideas
- excessive happiness or irritability
- talking more or faster than usual
- Unusual thoughts or behaviors: Some patients may have unusual thoughts or behaviors while taking WELLBUTRIN XL, including delusions (e.g. believe you are someone else), hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not there), paranoia (feeling that people are against you), or feeling confused. If this happens to you, call your healthcare provider.
- Visual problems: Some people are at risk of glaucoma if they take WELLBUTRIN XL. You should see an eye doctor to determine whether you are at risk prior to starting therapy. If you experience any of the following symptoms you should see an eye doctor:
- eye pain
- changes in vision
- swelling or redness in or around the eye
- Severe allergic reactions: Some patients have severe allergic reactions to WELLBUTRIN XL. Stop taking WELLBUTRIN XL and call your healthcare provider right away if you get a rash, itching, hives, fever, swollen lymph glands, painful sores in the mouth or around the eyes, swelling of the lips or tongue, chest pain, or have trouble breathing. These could be signs of a serious allergic reaction.
Do not take WELLBUTRIN XL if you:
- have or had a seizure disorder or epilepsy
- have or had an eating disorder such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia
- are taking any other medicines that contain bupropion, including WELLBUTRIN or WELLBUTRIN SR, APLENZIN®, ZYBAN, or FORFIVO XL. Bupropion is the same active ingredient that is in WELLBUTRIN XL
- drink a lot of alcohol and abruptly stop drinking, or use medicines called sedatives (these make you sleepy), benzodiazepines, or anti-seizure medicines, and you stop using them all of a sudden
- take a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI). Ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist if you are not sure if you take an MAOI, including the antibiotic linezolid
- do not take an MAOI within 2 weeks of stopping WELLBUTRIN XL unless directed to do so by your healthcare provider
- do not start WELLBUTRIN XL if you stopped taking an MAOI in the last 2 weeks unless directed to do so by your healthcare provider
- are allergic to the active ingredient in WELLBUTRIN XL, bupropion hydrochloride, or to any of the inactive ingredients
Before taking WELLBUTRIN XL tell your healthcare provider if you have ever had depression, suicidal thoughts or actions, or other mental health problems or any symptoms you had during other times you tried to quit smoking with or without WELLBUTRIN XL. Also, tell your healthcare provider about your other medical conditions, including if you:
- have liver problems, especially cirrhosis of the liver
- have kidney problems
- have, or have had, an eating disorder such as anorexia nervosa or bulimia
- have had a head injury
- have had a seizure (convulsion, fit)
- have a tumor in your nervous system (brain or spine)
- have had a heart attack, heart problems, or high blood pressure
- are a diabetic taking insulin or other medicines to control your blood sugar
- drink alcohol
- abuse prescription medicines or street drugs
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant
- are breastfeeding. WELLBUTRIN XL passes into your milk in small amounts
Tell your healthcare provider about all the medicines you take, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements. Many medicines increase your chances of having seizures or cause other serious side effects if you take them while you are using WELLBUTRIN XL.
WELLBUTRIN XL may cause serious side effects. The most common side effects of WELLBUTRIN XL include trouble sleeping, stuffy nose, dry mouth, dizziness, feeling anxious, nausea, constipation, and joint aches.
Read the Medication Guide carefully before you start using WELLBUTRIN XL. If you have any questions about WELLBUTRIN XL, ask your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
Click here for full Prescribing Information, including Medication Guide and Boxed Warning regarding suicidal thoughts and actions.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also contact Bausch Health Companies Inc. at 1-800-321-4576.